Repairing a compromised apartment foundation is a complex task. It requires experience and specialized skills to get everything right. Granite Foundation Repair Inc. has been repairing compromised apartment foundations in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas for many years.
Our company is one of the most sought-after in Texas when it comes to foundation repairs. We thrive on integrity, good customer service and quality work. It’s due to these traits that our company has grown to serve over eight counties in Texas.
What Causes Apartment Foundations in McKinney to Fail?
The root cause of foundation failure in McKinney, as well as other parts of Texas, is usually clay soil. Clay soil absorbs water easily, rapidly expanding in volume as the level of saturation rises. Over time, the saturated soil begins to push against an apartment’s foundation, causing it to crack, heave and shift.
In the summer, the clay loses water and shrinks. When it shrinks, the volume of the soil reduces, causing it to sink. Cracks and eventual structural damage are caused over time as this cycle repeats every year.
What Impact Can a Compromised Foundation Cause to a Landlord?
As a landlord, you have a responsibility to ensure your home is safe for your renters, so having a deteriorated foundation can cause a number of problems. Your tenant, for instance, could choose to leave without having further responsibility to the lease agreement.
Therefore, ensuring the foundation of your apartment is always solid is paramount. At Granite Foundation Repair Inc. our mission is to help investment property owners like yourself resolve such challenges in your McKinney apartment buildings.
Our foundation repair process is designed to cause minimum disruption to your rental operation. That’s because we understand how impactful tenant turnovers can be.
By working with us, you can always have that peace of mind knowing your property is abiding by all local habitability codes.
What are the Telltale Signs of Foundation Failure in an Apartment?
Foundation issues are problems you don’t want to ignore. If you leave them unaddressed, they can become serious and extremely costly to repair as well as unsafe for your tenants. Should you spot a sign of foundation failure, it’s important to take action quickly.
The following are the warning signs that your McKinney apartment foundation is failing.
- Exterior cracks. These can take many forms and be of varying sizes. Cracks are usually caused when the foundation shifts as a result of expansive clay soils. In particular, be on the lookout for ‘stair-step’ cracks on bricks. Also, watch out for the separation of cabinets or window frames from windows.
- Interior cracks. Carefully carry out an inspection of the interior space. Look at the drywall and molding. Do you notice any gaps on them? If you do, call us for help!
- Plumbing issues. Plumbing issues are common when running a rental apartment. Often, low water pressure and clogged pipes are the issue. However, if the source of the issue seems to be hidden, that could be a telltale sign of a foundation issue.
- Uneven or warped floors. Are warped or buckled floors becoming an issue at your McKinney apartment? Are tenants on the first floor calling in to complain of cracked ceramic tiles, for instance?
If so, have a professional carry out an inspection. Remember, the first floor sits directly above the foundation. Changes in the foundation will often manifest themselves on the floor directly above it.
- Improperly functioning doors and windows. Are tenants calling to complain of improperly functioning doors and windows? While apartments may be prone to such an issue due to the number of doors and windows, widespread issues could mean something serious.
Have you noticed any of these signs at your McKinney rental apartment? If you have, feel free to contact us by dialing (972) 412 – 2171 or send us an email. We’ll be happy to send a team of qualified and experienced professionals to examine your foundation and provide a report on their findings.
Besides just fixing foundations, we also provide our clients with a lifetime transferable warranty!
Why Choose Us to Repair Your McKinney Apartment Foundation?
Managing foundation repair of an apartment requires skills and experience. The last thing you want is for your tenants’ to be unsafe.
Hiring Granite Foundation Repair Inc. means working with a partner you can trust. We’ve been successfully repairing foundations for the last 20 years! The backbone of our company is built on a firm ‘foundation’ of integrity.
Areas We Serve
We are available in 8 Texas Counties: Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, Ellis County, Hunt County, Kaufman County, Rockwall County and Tarrant County.
As for the individual cities, we service the areas of: Addison, Allen, Arlington, Azle, Balch Springs, Benbrook, Bedford, Carrollton Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coleyville, Combine, Coppell, Crandall, Crowley, Dalworthington Gardens, Dallas, Denton, DeSoto, Duncanville, Euless, Fairview, Farmers Branch, Farmersville, Date, Flower Mound, Forest Hill, Forney, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Greenville, Grapevine, Hackberry, Haltom City, Heath, Hebron, Hickory Creek, Highland Park, Highland Village, Hurst, Hutchins, Irving, Josephine, Keller, Kennedale, Lake Dallas, Lake Worth, Lakewood Village, Lancaster, Lavon, Lewisville, Lincoln Park, Little Elm, Lucas, Mansfield, McKinney, Mesquite, Murphy, Nevada, New Hope, North Richland Hills, Oak Point, Pantego, Parker, Plano, Princeton, Prosper, Richardson, Richland Hills, River oaks, Roanoke, Rockwall, Rowlett, Royce City, Sachse, Saginaw, Seagoville, Shady Shores, Southlake, St. Paul, Sunnyvale, Terrell, The Colony, University Park, Watauga, Westlake, Westwood Village, Wilmer, White Settlement, and Wylie.